Submitting scores

Top 100 scores from around the world
XeroxCopycat

Re: Submitting scores

Post by XeroxCopycat » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:07 pm

Phil, thank you very much for getting this all together. Now, I've been playing Galaga for an awfully long time (around 30+ years), and it's an absolute thrill to see guys like yourself, Jon, Andrew and the like putting up these incredible scores. However, for someone like myself who may have a couple of good scores here and there on various tracks (ex: Fast Shoot on the Galaga/Ms. Pac-Man 20th Anniversary cabinet), and wanting to get himself established with an official score at some point. I'm rather perplexed by all the verification methods that are out there currently? INP, video, referee, etc...

So my question is, what do these verification methods entail? How would a regular, everyday player go about getting a score verified and established? I think a break down of these methods would be extremely helpful and appreciated.
Phil Day

Post by Phil Day » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:36 am

Hi XeroxCopycat,

Thanks for joining in. We've got some great Galaga players interested, and many who'll also be submitting scores for the first time. I'm still drafting rules for submission, and hope to have it all finalised by our team of referees by early next week. In the mean time, you can make a few choices at to what leaderboard you'd like to see your score on.

First decision is arcade or MAME.
If you're playing on arcade cabinet, you'll need to make sure the cabinet has the correct hardware with no enhancments, such as rapid fire/fast shot. Or any corrections to the originally programming. For example, there is circuitry available which allows players to score in the millions on 1UP, and counts stages past 256. So, you'll need to make sure the cabinet has the correct software.

If MAME, Andrew Barrow and Glen Updike are giving instruction on which Galaga version to play, and how to make sure the settings are correct - once done, i'll be adding that to a rules for submission.

All this will sound confusing at first, but it really isn't complicated. You're won't be expected to understand electronics and computer programming (I certainly don't), all you'll need to know it what to look for.

Soon, (fingers crossed) early next week, all this will be made much clearer. In the meantime, investigate what options you have regarding available cabinet where you can play. Are you close to any arcades, or do you have a cabinet? If you've got a cabinet, perhaps take a photo of the circuit board and post it on here.

Cheers,
Phil
Phil Day

Post by Phil Day » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:40 am

Hi XeroxCopycat,

We now have our rules for submitting a score. You'll find it on the main menu under 'Submitting a Score'.

We hope to receive a score from you soon,
Phil
Sid seattle

Post by Sid seattle » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:18 pm

Hey guys, Sid Seattle here, thanks to mark and Armando for inviting me. How about make on retro uprising is that allowed as the video is on their servers and validated by wolf.. Sid Seattle..